xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Confirmimg - Bug in Accessing Global XSL Variables

2006-09-03 12:52:54
Ok, lets give this a try.  There are 3 xslt document:

1) base_template.xsl
2) master_template.xsl
3) page_template.xsl

Page_template Imports (inherits) master_template who imports base_template.

The Code:
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
        xmlns:wbt="myWebTemplater.1.0">

        <!-- BASE TEMPLATE -->

        <xsl:template name="wbt:A_Template">
                BASE_TEMPLATE
        </xsl:template>

        <xsl:template name="wbt:B_Template">
                B_Template in MASTER
        </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
        xmlns:wbt="myWebTemplater.1.0">

        <!-- MASTER TEMPLATE -->

        <!-- IMPORT BASE -->
        <xsl:import href="base_template.xsl"/>

        <!-- OVERRIDE A_Template -->
        <xsl:template name="wbt:A_Template">
                OVERRIDE! BASE_TEMPLATE
        </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
        xmlns:wbt="myWebTemplater.1.0">

        <!-- PAGE TEMPLATE -->

        <!-- IMPORT MASTER TEMPLATES -->
        <xsl:import href="master_template.xsl"/>

        <!-- OVERRIDE A_Template -->
        <!-- THIS FAILS TO OVERRIDE THE TEMPLATE -->
        <xsl:template name="wbt:A_Template">
                OVERRIDE! MASTER_TEMPLATE
        </xsl:template>

        <xsl:template match="/">
                <!-- THIS FAILS -->
                <xsl:call-template name="wbt:B_Template"/>
        </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

On 9/3/06, Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
On 9/3/06, Karl Stubsjoen <kstubs(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
> I hate to say this, but I still think there is a problem here.
> Possibly I am doing something wrong so not real confident at the
> moment.
>
> It appears that the global variable problem has been fixed in .NET 2.0
> using the XslCompiledTransform Class.  However, what is not fixed is
> the use of global templates.
>
> There does not appear to be a problem if the global template is named
> without a namespace, but as soon as you introduce a namespace, the
> call fails.
>
> There is not a problem if the template is defined in the immediate
> imported base template, but when the defined template is 2 deep.
>
> Please confirm.

Could you, please, provide an (the shortest possible but complete)
example that demonstrates the problem you're having?

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev
--~--