xsl-list

[xsl] Merging two XSL:Fos

2006-09-07 11:45:23
Hi:

I have an issue. I will try to explain it as much as
possible here.

I have 2 xslfo style sheets styling two different xml
files. I will call first style sheet card1.xsl with
root element <card1> and the second xslfo card2.xsl
with root element <card2>

Now,there is a condition <cond1> based on which data
from <card2> was merged into <card1> but <card1> now
is the root element for the entire xml.
Now I need to style the merged portion from <card2>
which exists now under root element <card1>. This
needs to happen only if <cond1> exists on <card1>

Example:
Uses card1.xsl
<card1>
<name>somename</name>
<age>someage</age>
</card1>
------------------------------
Uses card2.xsl

<card2>
<somename>xslt</somename>
<someage>fo<someage>

</card2>
---------------------------------

Merge:

<card1>
<name>somename</name>
<age>someage</age>
<cond1>yes</cond1>
<somename>xslt</somename>
<someage>fo<someage>
</card1>
So for the merged XML I need to reuse code form
card2.xsl.

The possible soultion is to call-template in card1.xsl
and copy paste the whole code from card2.xsl into
card1.xsl. But this is very tedious and I would like
to know if there are better ways to solve this.

I have tried to explain the problem to the best.
Please do suggest if you have any ideas.

Thanks