xsl-list

RE: [xsl] looping in increments

2006-09-11 12:10:15
You cannot change a variable once it has been defined. That is why looping (in
the manner of procedural languages) cannot be done in XSLT.

To find out how to achieve the results you want, abandon any notion of "for x=1
to 30; ... loop;".

Begin by telling us where the different integer values come from.

--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email

-----Original Message-----
From:     Vijay Malgari <vmalgari(_at_)hdm(_dot_)com>
Sent:     Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:03:36 -0400
To:       xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject:  [xsl] looping in increments

Hello All:

I did go through the FAQ's list and I could not
find any help or to say any lead.  Please do ignore
if my question is trivial.

I have a block of code that I want to repeat for
different integer values and I have no clue how to do
the increment while looping the same block of xsl code.

Here is the code:
I want to repeat the same block
for all Feature[] values...

<xsl:if test="descendant::Feature[1]">
                <fo:block-container reference-orientation="90"
inline-progression-dimension.minimum="5mm"
inline-progression-dimension.optimum="15mm"
inline-progression-dimension.maximum="auto">
                    <fo:block>
                        <xsl:if test="descendant::Attribute">
                            <xsl:for-each
select="descendant::Feature[1]/Attribute">
                                <fo:block-container
reference-orientation="-90" inline-progression-dimension="35mm"
width="1.5in">
                                    <fo:block font-size="6.5pt">
                                        <xsl:value-of select="@value"/>
                                    </fo:block>