xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Preserving indentation of first tag when copying XML into HTML?

2006-09-21 13:19:19
At 12:35 PM 9/21/2006, Dr KM wrote:
"Costello, Roger L." wrote:

> Ah, yes, that's it.  Thanks Wendell.

>     <xsl:template match="Member">
>         <pre>
>             <xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="yes"
> select="text()[last()]"/>
>             <xsl:call-template name="xml-to-string">
>                 <xsl:with-param name="node-set" select="."/>
>             </xsl:call-template>
>         </pre>
>     <xsl:template>

  But if I understand right, you'll get for the Member start tag the
indentation of a Member's child start tag, isn't it?

Nope: you'll get the last text node in the Member element, which happens to be the indent for the Member *end* tag.

  BTW, you don't need the deprecated D-O-E stuff here.

You're right about that.

Cheers,
Wendell