xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Open Source - Excel to XML Converter

2006-10-04 02:06:09
Thank you Joe and Andrew, I'll take a look at the
options you have suggested.

-Rashmi

--- andrew welch <andrew(_dot_)j(_dot_)welch(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

On 10/4/06, Rashmi Rubdi
<dev_subscriptions(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:
I am looking for an easy way to create an XML data
file.

For example I have my xml data structure like
this:

<books>

<book>
<isbn>1234</isbn>
<title></title>
</book>

<book>
<isbn>1234</isbn>
<title></title>
</book>

<book>
<isbn>1234</isbn>
<title></title>
</book>

</books>

It's a bit tedious to create this file manually
and
was looking to enter the data in an Excel spread
sheet
and then use a converter to convert from Excel to
XML.

You could take a look at the free Altova Authentic:

http://www.altova.com/products/authentic/xml_db_form_editor.html

I haven't used it but I believe it allows non
technical users to fill
out forms that can be saved out as XML.

cheers
andrew