xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Open Source - Excel to XML Converter

2006-10-04 14:12:16
Not very OpenSource, like the OP requested ;-)

There are actually many tools that can do this, and even XSLT 2.0 can read in a text document to transform into XML. I believe there are a bunch of tutorials online explaining how to do this, though don't know of any off hand that can. xmlLinguist (at http://www.sysonyx.com/products/xmllinguist) is a tool I work with that can translate a structured text document (i.e. a *.CSV) into XML if you don't want to go through XSL. It can be a cost effective solution at $80 for the designer, free for the runtime engine. Designed more for EDI documents, it can do CSVs easily enough.

Bryce K. Nielsen
SysOnyx, Inc. (www.sysonyx.com)
Makers of xmlDig, the XML-SQL Extractor
http://www.sysonyx.com/products/xmldig

Visual Basic

Rashmi Rubdi wrote:

It's a bit tedious to create this file manually and
was looking to enter the data in an Excel spread sheet
and then use a converter to convert from Excel to XML.

Does any one know a good converter?