xsl-list

[xsl] Deescaping Atom brain damage

2006-10-23 08:41:07
The following junk just showed up in an Atom feed I parse with XSLT:

 <title type="html"><![CDATA[#359: Wilson&#8217;s Snipe]]></title>

Unbelievably, this is actually legal according to the Atom 1.0 specification. I knew they had decided to allow this brain damage in the entries. but I was shocked to see it in a title.

Has anyone figured out a sensible way to handle this sort of thing in XSLT 1.0? In my case, all I really need to do is copy the HTML markup into the output file. Maybe I can get away with disable-output-escaping. Anything else I should try?

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo(_at_)metalab(_dot_)unc(_dot_)edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!