xsl-list

RE: [xsl] xslt 1.1 xsl:document

2006-11-10 07:38:53

I don't understand what you mean by this. I have nested two
xsl:result-document elements in an XSLT 2 document - the
outer one has doctype-public and doctype-system attributes.
The inner one doesn't have these attributes and the file
created by the inner one doesn't inherit the doctype from the
outer one which is the behaviour I'm looking for. I'm using Saxon 8.x

So where exactly does the problem still exist and are there
any potential pitfalls in using this methodology?

There's no inheritance between nested xsl:result-document instructions in
2.0, but an analagous problem occurs if you have a named output definition
(xsl:output name="x") and reference this from xsl:result-document; you can
then override most of the serialization attributes in the
xsl:result-document instruction, but you can't reset doctype-system and
doctype-public to "absent".

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/