xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XQuery and XSLT

2006-11-17 09:34:33
On 11/17/06, Geert Josten <geert(_dot_)josten(_at_)daidalos(_dot_)nl> wrote:
Hi,

I haven't followed this thread and to be honest I opened this message
only by accident, but I cannot help to remark that there ARE native xml
databases that have integrated support for XSLT and Xquery (and more). I
have good experience with X-Hive/DB:

eXist supports XSLT by having a transform() function that uses Xalan,
to allow you to transform  the XML fragments returned by the query
with a stylesheet.

What I mean is when you do something like:

<xsl:apply-templates select="collection(lotsOfXML)//products"/>

...the instruction will incur the same cost as if you had done

for $product in collection(lotsOfXML)//products

in XQuery, as the XML will have been stored and indexed by the db.

Can X-Hive/DB do that?  Does it have an XSLT 2.0 processor?