xsl-list

[xsl] Looking for some basic guidance

2006-11-18 12:13:10
Hello,
I am new with XML and working on XSLT files. I need to
transform an XML document to another XML document with
a different schema, using XSLT. I have included my
xslt file in XML document. Now  where and how do I see
my new xml document formed? Am i missing any
step?Where and how  should i specify where to save
resulting XML document?Do I need to Install anything?
Kindly guide me at an earliest note, i need to submit
an assignment and need some guidelines from you as I
am not able to find proper help from net or maybe I am
not searching at right places.I did self learning from
w3schools and Dietel's book.

In my XSLT file i m simply transforming one sub-elment
of an element into an attribute in resulting xml
document and renaming an elment. If it is successful,
I can continue with transforming other elements.

Waiting for your reply,
Thanks and Best Regards,
Irum