xsl-list

RE: [xsl] output method="xhtml" in 2.0

2006-11-21 03:41:49
Sorry, here is the relevant error information:

Line that causes the error:
transformer = processor.NewXsltCompiler().Compile(New Uri(xslDoc)).Load

using Saxon 8.8

Error - javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException  source =
saxon8

Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.

Stack trace

   at net.sf.saxon.PreparedStylesheet.prepare(Source styleSource)
   at net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(Source source,
CompilerInfo info)
   at Saxon.Api.XsltCompiler.Compile(Uri uri)
   at RGMonthly.DoSaxonTransform(XmlNode xmlDoc, String xslDoc) in
C:\temp\PrimaveraWeb\RGMonthly.aspx.vb:line 116

When I run my ASP.Net application with <xsl:output method="xml"... no
problem.

When I run with <xsl:output method="xhtml"... I get the error above.

Do I need to set something in the processor.Implementation?

Rick

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
    xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions";
    xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>
  <xsl:output method="xml" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"
doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";
exclude-result-prefixes="xs fn" omit-xml-declaration="yes"
encoding="iso-8859-1"/>

However when I change to below to "xhtml" method, I get an
exception from
Saxon8 in NET when I am loading the stylesheet in this line:

If you don't understand the error messages, there's a good chance that
someone else will. But without the error messages, it's impossible to offer
much help.

If you're not seeing the error messages, then you need to check your usage
of the API to make sure that they are properly displayed.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/