xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XPath parsing in XSLT (version 2.0)

2006-11-21 10:01:39

The only real user requests for similar/related functionality I've
seen since years on this list is for dynamic evaluation of XPath
expressions.

I can think of other uses, eg change an xpath that queries docbook4 (in
no namespace) to one that queries docbook5 (in a namespace) by prefixing
the appropriate names. (although in many cases this might be better
achieved by just resetting the default xpath namespace)

In the xq2xml distribution I have a stylehseet that re-writes any xquery
(or xpath) that uses the optional axes of xquery into equivalent
expressions that do not use those axes, etc....

Currently xq2xml uses an extension function to use a java xquery parser,
I wonder how much work it would be to make it all pure xslt.....

David