xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Need Help

2006-12-08 13:42:31
I am very new to t=his and am having a lot of trouble.

That's not unusual when learning something new.

Is this possible?

Yes.

Also I would like to apply CSS Classes to certain nodes depending if they are
selected or not.

There is nothing, so far as I can see, in your XML that gives a clue as to
whether or not a node is selected. If you can tell us how to distinguish the
selected nodes from the nodes that are not selected, someone will surely
explain how to make two templates that match the "item" element, one that adds
the "class" attribute for selected nodes, and one that does not.

And can I hide child nodes if the p=arent node is not selected?

See answer above.

I am using ASP.Net 2.0 to do this ...

This is almost certainly irrelevant to the XSLT transformation. You can use
Microsoft's own XSLT transformer, or you could use Saxon.NET, and probably
several others as well.

Generally speaking, you seem to have several distinct concerns entwined in your
thinking. This is not unusual when a person is new to a body of knowledge.
Start by explaining how you can tell which nodes are selected and which are not.

--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email