xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Problem with Xpath

2006-12-13 13:48:56
Thank you the .//info worked. But I guess I have a new
problem now, since there is some styling to format
these levels as 1, 2, 3 etc, now if the second<l1> tag
matched then the numbering starts with 2. instead of
1.

Is there any way to start this numebring at 1 instead
of 2 so that even in between if there are levels that
have to be missed the numbering stays as 1,2 , 3 and
not 2, 5, ,6 etc.

Please let me know.

--- cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com wrote:

Your example XML file does not contain elements with
the local names "company" and "product". Your XSLT
file is looking for them. Naturally it won't find
them, so the transformation will fail.

This: <xsl:when test="//info">
and this: <xsl:if test="//info/company=$company and
//info/product=$product">

are telling your stylesheet to start looking at the
root for elements matching the test criteria.

Is that what you want? Or, do you want to look for
"info" elements that are descendants of the "l1"
element?

Since the latter makes sense to me and the former
does not, maybe the XPath expression you are looking
for is

<xsl:when test=".//info">
and <xsl:if test=".//info/company=$company and
.//info/product=$product">

N.B., there is a period character before the
double-slash. That tells your stylesheet to start at
the context node (<l1>, in this case) and not at the
document root.

Get the element names correct and try these XPath
expressions, and get back to us if you are still
having a problem.

--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email