xsl-list

Re: [xsl] What todo when execution order becomes important? I.e.: with text data and filters

2006-12-19 15:39:35

You say that you can define the order of execution, can you shed some
more light on how to do so?

the order of _execution_ isn't defined but isn't important as it's not
externally visible. What is externally visible is not the order that
templates are executed but the order that the result tree is assembled,
that of course is fully under the control of the stylesheet, otherwise it
would never be able to constrict any useful output.

If you post an example of some code that produces results in the wrong
order, we can suggest ways to change it, but otherwise I'm not sure what
to suggest.

David