xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Formatting issues

2006-12-27 10:58:33
Hi:

Actually, the text "This has values high and steep"
was only to indicate that if the conditional values
were high and steep, then this text should be
displayed. The textual matter is not important. What
is important is the formatting for each level like 1,
2, etc.

Does that make sense? Please let me know if you need
more information.

Thanks a lot
MS
--- Abel Braaksma <abel(_dot_)online(_at_)xs4all(_dot_)nl> wrote:

Hi Ms,

It is better to just include the parts of the
original message that are
needed for your reply, and leave the rest. That is
easier for others to
read in the archived messages and in the list (see
the list guidelines).

1. This has values high and steep
2. This has values high and steep.
    A. This has values high and steep.

But what I am getting is this:

1. This has values high and steep
1. This has values high and steep.
    A. This has values high and steep.

Please let me know how this ca be resolved.

This may be crystal clear to you, but I am still at
a loss: you want the
first line of the input repeated at several levels?
And you don't want
counting at all? In that case, just append "1. ".
But I assume you mean
something else and that this is just a cut n paste
error. Where go "high
and low" and "high and deep"? What are the attached
levels (meaning: can
you add in your output a hint of where the text
comes from and from what
level?).

I'd like to help, but I must have a good
understanding of what you want
(ain't that always the case? ;) before I can
continue.

This template repeats for level2...6

Hmm, looks to me at first sight as if you attempt to
tackle the problem
imperatively (like as if it were a procedural
language), instead of
declaratively. If you can clarify the output queries
for me, I (or
anybody) may be of help to give you a somewhat
easier solution.

-- Abel
   http://www.nuntia.nl

--~--