xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Selectively applying Identity transform to multiple inputs (Multiplexer Style Sheet)

2007-01-05 15:28:07

Thank you all for the terrific help and support. I have it working
nicely now. This is a really solid community.

I am using the default xalan XSLT 1.0 engine that comes with Sun's JDK 5
in my open source project <http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net>.
I guess its time to move to an open source XSLT 2.0 implementation that
will work with the TrAX API in JDK 5. I am assuming Saxon
is the best to fit that description (and that Micheal approves of this
choice ;-) )

As background, I am working to add a "Role Based Content Filtering"
feature to our Registry / Repository to provide element and
attribute level access control to a repository of XML documents based
upon roles and other credentials associated with the subject
attempting to retrieve an XML document.

Thanks again for all the help.

Michael Kay wrote:
Something like this:

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="$input2 != ''">
      <xsl:apply-templates select="document($input2)/child::node()"/>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="./child::node()"/>
    </xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

Or replace the xsl:apply-templates by xsl:copy-of if it really is a pure
copy.

In 2.0 you can do

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:apply-templates
    select="(if ($input2='') then document($input2) else .)/child::node()"/>
</xsl:template>

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/