xsl-list

Re: [xsl] NET dataset.WriteXML to Spreadheet ML

2007-01-07 05:22:57
There's an easier way:

1. set content type to Excel
In JSP:
<%
response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");
response.addHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=\"table.xls\"");
%>

2. Write out a normal xhtml table

Excel will do the conversion for you

Rick Roen wrote:

I want to transform the xml output from a NET dataset.WriteXML which
contains both schema and data into spreadsheet ML to be used by Excel.

Has someone already written a style sheet that can do this in a generic way?

I want the style sheet to use the schema information to create the column
headers and data types for the columns, and the data for the rows.

I don't think this is terribly difficult to do, but if someone has already
written one, it would save me some time.

Regards,

Rick

--~--