xsl-list

RE: [xsl] NMTOKENS and xsl:key

2007-01-07 17:59:34
From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com]
Sent: 07 January, 2007 19:52
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] NMTOKENS and xsl:key

You don't say whether this is a schema-aware stylesheet. If
it is, then the type xs:NMTOKENS will be recognized, the
typed value of @target will be a sequence of tokens, and

<xsl:key match="item" use="@target"/>

will index the value of each token.

If it's not schema-aware then you need to split the value "by hand":

<xsl:key match="item" use="tokenize(@target, '\s+')"/>

I'm not using a schema-aware stylesheet, but if I were
using a schema-aware stylesheet, the source document
doesn't have a DTD or XML schema associated with it.
So am I correct in assuming that I would still have to
use the tokenize() solution?

Thanks, Andy.