xsl-list

Re: [xsl] rendering xml fragment tree as syntax highlighted HTML

2007-01-13 17:37:14
Christiane Fritze wrote:

Florent Georges wrote:

Christiane Fritze wrote:

  Hi

I want to copy a fragment tree from my source xml document
using <xsl:copy-of/> to the result html document.  This
xml fragment should be rendered als well known code2html
tools does it for perl code etc.  It means at least all <
and > have to be transformed into &lt; and &gt;

  If I understand correctly, you want an XML serializer in
XSLT.  If you use XSLT 2.0, you can take a look at this
serializer:

    http://www.fgeorges.org/xslt/serial/

Indeed I looked for a serialization method, so I will try
the serializer of Florent. But less nice is that the signs
& < etc. in the text nodes will be transformed into
entities (as it is the case in the linked examples).

  Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean in this last sentence.
I don't know "code2html" (I guess it is a "pretty printer"
for source code to HTML).  Could you please explain a little
further what exactly you are looking for?  Why do you want a
serializer?  Where are you getting your input from?  How is
the output exepected to be displayed?

  What I'm confused with is that you told about xsl:copy and
in the same time about escaping < and >.  So I think maybe I
didn't understand correctly what you want.

  Regards,

--drkm