xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT-related Links/News of Interest

2007-02-05 18:31:44
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 20:21:04 -0500, M. David Peterson <m(_dot_)david(_at_)mdptws(_dot_)com> wrote:

What I am seeing is a bunch of ajax toolkits trying to find fast ways to navigate HTML (not even XHTML) in the browser efficiently.

For what purpose?  Navigating the internal tree structure,

yes. check out:

http://blog.dojotoolkit.org/2007/02/04/dojoquery-a-css-query-engine-for-dojo

best,
-Rob

or for something more along the lines of screen-scraping data? If the latter, while I do recognize this to be a valid use-case, it's a brittle solution, at best, and as we move forward into a more webfeed-oriented world, it would seem to be that the use of proxies and/or JSON will become the prefered method for traversing and rendering data on the client.