xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Graphics scaling on XSLFO - need suggestions

2007-02-09 09:57:34
Hello all:

Thank you for your reply. I use XEP. And I did try
setting just the content-width and still get the same
error.I will check the XEP forum.

--- Jay Bryant <jay(_at_)bryantcs(_dot_)com> wrote:

Hi all:

I am having issues with displaying graphics on the
PDF
using XSLFO. A graphic measuring 7.5in by 8.35in
gives
a "no space for element to recover" error while
generating the PDF using XSLFO. Can anybody point
me
to a forum where I can post these kind of issues
or
can anyone on this list give me some ideas?

Thanks in advance

Hi, Mina,

It would help if you would mention which FO
processor you use, because the
answer to your problem probably varies by processor.
However, you can try a
couple things that may work regardless of which
processor you use. (Also, I
assume that you are using the external-graphic
element.)

First, try setting the content-width attribute to
whatever width you want.
The height should scale automatically. You can also
try setting the width
attribute (though that's really for the bounding box
around the image).

This is the right place for FO questions, by the
way. However, whatever
processor you use very probably has a mailing list
or forum where folks who
know the quirks of that tool can provide more
specific answers.

HTH

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services