xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Graphics scaling on XSLFO - need suggestions

2007-02-14 16:55:11
Hi Angela:

Here is my page and body margin information.

        <fo:simple-page-master master-name="Graphics"
page-height="11in" page-width="8.5in" margin-top="5mm"
margin-bottom="5mm" margin-left="5mm"
margin-right="5mm">
                                        <fo:region-body
region-name="Graphics-region-body" margin-top="39mm"
margin-bottom="30mm" margin-left="8mm"
margin-right="8mm"/>
                                        <fo:region-before
region-name="Graphics-region-before" extent="44mm"/>
                                        <fo:region-after
region-name="Graphics-region-after" extent="50mm"
display-align="after"/>

</fo:simple-page-master>

I have tried playing with the margins and set them to
0.5in for both the page and region-body. Then I set
the content-height and content-width values to
"scale-to-fit".

This again says "no space for element to recover".

Thanks for all your hlp.

--- Angela Williams
<Angela(_dot_)Williams(_at_)the401kcompany(_dot_)com> wrote:

Mina,

I don't believe the extent matters.  The way I
understand it (someone
please correct me if I'm wrong), the extent just
tells us how far into
the page the margin content will be displayed - it
ignores the page and
body margins.  Anything that 'lives' inside the
extent area can overlap
the margin areas. The page margins tell us where the
container that
holds the body can live, and the body margins give
us the size of the
body 'box', relative to the page margin.

It is the margin values we need to address.  What
are your page margins
and body margins values?

Angela