xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to use generate-id() inside an xsl:function without a node available?

2007-02-27 16:42:38
Michael Kay wrote:
count(for $i in 1 to 10 return <a/>)

Michael,

I found that when using generate-id() with LREs, it creates increasing numbers, preceded by 'd'. When using source nodes, something else happens. I know from the specs, that an implementation can choose its own way of creating the ID. But a (longer) while ago, I remember to have seen an explanation of the algorithm used, but today I can't find it anymore (searched the Net, saxonica.com, the faq and both of your reference books).

Just out of interest: do you happen to know where this is explained? Or is the explanation removed?

-- Abel