xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Sequential numbers in pure xslt, breaking the no-side-effect rule

2007-03-16 08:25:28

I would like to, but, I didn't invent the algorithm. The idea was this:
make a UUID from within XLST

For Dave P? (Who asked me the same qn off list a while ago:-)

The functional way of doing it of course is to maintain a list of all
the ones you've generated this session (or at least a count of the same)
If the function took a sequence of strings (of uuids) and returned a
sequence extended by one new one, then to generate three of the beasts
you wouldn't do
with side effects, you'd do
which is so much more wholesome...

David