xsl-list

Re: [xsl] From WordprocessingML inline styles to nested inline elements

2007-03-22 02:54:26
Wendell,

I apologize for giving less consideration to your solution than to
David's, just because I didn't grasp that they were almost the same.

And sorry for not clearly separating what I am trying to do from what
your and David's approaches were. You wrote:

Now you've got me even more confused.

What I said was that my approach did *not* use a stylesheet to generate a stylesheet.

Neither does David's.

Of course not, you are absolutely right. The confusion was introduced by
me, I suppose, after having read how you think of your solution:

This is a "meta-stylesheet" kind of application, but not in the sense
that it's a stylesheet that generates a stylesheet, but rather only
in the sense that its traversal logic is internally configurable rather than being done in the usual way, by traversing the input.

I subsequently picked up your term of "meta-stylesheet" in order to convey this piece of information I hadn't given in my original message: The inline styles transformation code I was looking for will be part of an operating stylesheet that I am generating via XSLT, hence using a meta-stylesheet - in the "real", conventional meaning you have taken care to distinguish from the meaning you gave it in the lines above.

As I preferred to focus on the styles transformation algorithm, I didn't want to bother you with the question of how to integrate this into my meta-stylesheet, still hoping that I'll find out for myself how to do this. So I didn't mention I would be using one.

Thank you again for your time and your valuable help!

   Yves