xsl-list

RE: [xsl] What's your visual metaphor for XSL Transformations?

2007-03-22 01:56:04
It would be interesting to know how a recursive template
could be visualized.

I'm not a very visual person so this kind of thinking leaves me cold. I find
graphical programming tools incredibly hard to understand, and I hate that
array of meaningless icons at the top of the screen.

I used to write a lot of recursive functions in C , but have
now forgotten all about recursion since I didn't use it since school.

I have found that since I started writing a lot of XSLT, I instinctively
write recursive code in Java where in the past I would have used iteration.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/