xsl-list

[xsl] xpath analyser in XSL-T 1 or 2

2007-04-02 06:05:39
Hi,

I'm currently looking to see if anyone has every made an XPath
analyser in XSL-T either version that would do the following:

take Xpaths, highly structured xpaths allowd, and identifies component
parts so that one part of a relevant value in an expression could be
replaced by another to see if a different result was returned. For
example if I have:

*[(_at_)name='blah']

there are three things in this expression that could be replaced:

* could  be made more specific as an element.
the attribute name could be changed to another attribute,
the value of the attribute name could be replaced  by another  value.

Thus I would want to divide such an Xpath, but all sorts of other
Xpaths, create an input form that allowed one to change any of these
sub expressions.

This is for an XML Database project I am currently working on, not
actually required but I see it as particularly useful.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen