xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Removing namespaces without escaping CDATA???

2007-04-06 14:26:41
The declaration, <xsl:output cdata-section-elements="qnames"
/> seems to have a shortcoming. It's not generic; in a sense
that it is global (all elements anywhere in the tree will be
affected by it).

Any comments please..

I think the experience with disable-output-escaping shows that any facility
that requires out-of-band communication between the transformer and the
serializer is architecturally very bad news.

Mind you, I've never found cdata-section-elements very useful. It only
serves to encourage people in the mistaken belief that CDATA section
boundaries are information-bearing.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/