xsl-list

Re: [xsl] using xsl:message with UTF-8 characters

2007-04-23 13:20:29
On 23/04/07, Andrew Welch <andrew(_dot_)j(_dot_)welch(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:
As far as I know, Java will use the "platform default encoding" unless
told otherwise, which on a Windows machine is CP1252.

If you want to set the default encoding to something else from the
command line, then you can use the "file.encoding" system property,
eg:

java -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar saxon8.jar .....

If you have a shell which already supports UTF-8 (UltraEdit, SciTE etc.),
then this single parameter is _all_ you need to get the xsl:message
output right - what a beautiful solution, thanks.

I want to thank also for the other contributions, as I've read all and have
learned a lot from them!

Manfred