xsl-list

RE: [xsl] using xsl:message with UTF-8 characters

2007-04-22 16:28:28
To begin with, am I correct to assume it would be necessary
(if not sufficient) to change this default and the way to do
it is to specify the "-m classname"
parameter on the command line?

You need to write a Java class that extends
net.sf.saxon.event.MessageEmitter; in the constructor for your class call
(say)

  setOutputStream(new FileOutputStream("log.txt"))

Then nominate this class in the -m command line option, and the message
output will be written to log.txt.

You can also of course redirect System.err to a file by the simpler approach
of using 2>log.txt on the command line, but I don't know if that will solve
the encoding problems.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/