xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Generating JSP/JSTL

2007-04-24 10:43:57
It's not possible with pure XSLT to generate XML that isn't
namespace-well-formed (for example, XML that uses a namespace prefix that
isn't declared). Does JSP/JSTL really require that?

Your best bet for achieving this output is to do some non-XSLT
post-processing of the XSLT result tree, for example generate the element
names as c_choose and then post-process to convert that to c:choose. You
could do that easily enough by sending the transformation output to a
SAXResult.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Kai Weber [mailto:weber(_at_)mediaworx(_dot_)com]
Sent: 24 April 2007 18:03
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Generating JSP/JSTL

Hello,

In the archives I found one with a similar problem:
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200102/msg01662.html

Just to recap and to bring my problem to some attention: I
want to create a JSP with some JSTL for later processing on a
application server.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
      xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core";
      exclude-result-prefixes="c"
      version="2.0">

<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>
<xsl:template match="/"> <ul>
      <c:choose>
              foo
      </c:choose>
</ul>
</xsl:template>

The target document should look like

<ul>
      <c:choose>
              foo
      </c:choose>
</ul>

But this it what it looks:

<ul>
      <c:choose xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core";>
              foo
      </c:choose>
</ul>

Is it possible to achieve the wanted result and omit the
xmlns declaration in each element?

Grüße,

Kai Weber

--~--