xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Generating JSP/JSTL

2007-04-24 16:50:02
Thank you Robert, I didn't think of the escaping of the curly
brackets, that's a good solution.

I'm new to Velocity, but I've heard good things about it.

I've encountered this syntax: <foo bar="<blah:blah/>"/> with JSTL

for example: <a href="<c:out var="someUrl"/>">Link</a> , but later
discovered that the same thing could be written with EL as <a
href="${someUrl}">Link</a>

But there might be other constructs that require things to be written as
<foo bar="<blah:blah/>"/> in JSTL , my knowledge is limited :-)

-Regards
Rashmi

On 4/24/07, Robert Koberg <rob(_at_)koberg(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 18:47 -0400, Rashmi Rubdi wrote:

> I think there are more challenges when it comes to transforming EL,
> but since these questions pertain to JSP/JSTL - the JSTL mailing list
> may know how to represent EL in XML syntax.

That seems like an XSL issue - escaping curly brackets. You can create a
string variable or just:

<foo bar="${{value}}"/>

What *is* a serious pain with JSP and tag libraries (I suppose more with
the taglibs and their devs...) is the very common use of this type of
thing:

<foo bar="<blah:blah/>"/>

I prefer Velocity.

best,