xsl-list

[xsl] XML parser accesses Internet, why?

2007-05-04 21:26:44
Why would the Java XML parser under Saxon8.7.1J need to access the
internet? The XML parser gave errors after I installed a new version
of Norton and Norton changed the internet settings so the XML parser
couldn't get to the internet. I fixed the Norton settings for Java
and then the errors went away. I'm parsing XHTML files with Saxon8.7.1J.

Why would the XML parser need to access the internet? Is it
validating the XHTML DOCTYPE DTD? Errors also go away when I remove the Doctype from the XHTML. Here's the error:

Error on line 3 column 62 of file:/C:/aa-xml/hltapi/MLD.ori.html:
   SXXP0003: Error reported by XML parser: Cannot read from
   http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd (www.w3.org)

Thanks,
Mark