xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Calling a java method in XSL 1.0 with Saxon 6.5.5 fails

2007-05-16 02:56:25
On 5/16/07, Kai Hackemesser <kaha(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de> wrote:
Abel Braaksma schrieb:
>> The requirements are: It has to run with pure JDK 1.4.2 and there it
>> is used, isn't it?
>
> what's that, "pure jdk"? Does that mean that you are not allowed to
> have any additional libraries apart from the one that are delivered by
> Sun? Saxon surely is not provided as part of the JDK, so you already
> have additional libs. And Saxon 8.9x runs just as well with the "pure
> jdk 1.4" as the 6.5 version, even better. As an added benefit, you can
> switch for free to XSLT 2.0, which is a giant leap forward as compared
> to XSLT 1.0 (but if you are addicted to 1.0, you can still use it just
> as you did before).
>
> -- Abel Braaksma
The Sun JDK 1.4.2 contains a sax parser and a transformation engine:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/xml/jaxp/index.html
I can use this for parsing and transformation and nothing else, that's
the requirement. And the problem ;-)

The latest version of Saxon implements the JAXP interfaces.... what
makes you think otherwise?

'tis the whole point of JAXP...