xsl-list

[xsl] Apply template?

2007-05-16 08:02:06
Good day everyone,

  I have read in the past here that most people who are not "used" to XSLT tend
to use for-each when an apply template would be the better route. I have
received the following XSLT file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
  <xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/>
  <xsl:template match="/">
    <A>
      <B>
         <xsl:for-each select="/A/B/C">
          <xsl:sort order = "ascending" data-type = "number" select = "D"/>
          <xsl:copy>
          </xsl:copy>
        </xsl:for-each>
      </B>
    </A>
  </xsl:template>
  <xsl:template match="@*|node()">
    <xsl:copy>
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

  In a case like this, would there be a better way to handle this using apply
templates? Would there be a performance gain by using apply templates instead?
I tried to put one together but to date have not had much success but just
wanted to ensure that switching to apply templates would be the correct way to
go.

  Thank you for all advice given.

Danny