xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Retrieve images from a RSS feed

2007-05-20 11:10:17
Hi David,

Thanks, this is exactly what I need.
Unfortunately I don't understand it. I'm not familiar with .Net and GAC. But
this is something to learn.
I was already looking into the Java extension part, but that also quite
difficult.
But still thanks for all your input.

Regards Rien.

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: M. David Peterson [mailto:m(_dot_)david(_at_)xmlhacker(_dot_)com]
Verzonden: zondag 20 mei 2007 19:13
Aan: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Onderwerp: Re: [xsl] Retrieve images from a RSS feed

On Fri, 18 May 2007 07:47:08 -0600, Rien van Herpen (@Home)
<R(_dot_)van(_dot_)Herpen(_at_)home(_dot_)nl> wrote:

OK, do you known an extension function that can do this ?

Was doing some work on something somewhat related so wrote a quick extension
function to handle this.  I'm not sure how well versed you are with the .NET
platform, so I am assuming that what follows will simply make sense.  If it
does not, then my apologies.

http://extf.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Xameleon/Function/FileStream.cs

This will work with Saxon-N 8.9+.  You would need to compile the above code
into an assembly (you're welcome to access the same project I placed this in
and use that if you'd like, but the functionality goes well beyond extension
functions and as such is probably quite a bit more than what you would
want/need), make sure that assembly is signed, install that assembly into
the GAC, and then access the method using something similar to,

<xsl:variable name="file"

select="file:SaveExternalFile('http://s3.amazonaws.com/m.david/xslt/eveel_pl
an/XSLnT.png',
'/tmp/foo.png')"

xmlns:file="clitype:Xameleon.Function.HttpFileStream?asm=Xameleon;ver=1.0.0.
0;sn=8974f7aaf62d3d0f"/>

inside of your transformation file, where the value of sn is the public key
that the assembly was signed with.  To gain access to that information, as
long as you have the assembly installed into the gac,

via MS.NET: gacutil /l Xameleon
via Mono: gacutil -l Xameleon

(replacing "Xameleon" with the short name of the assembly.)

Hope this helps!

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson