xsl-list

Re: [xsl] xsl xml loading status

2007-05-22 08:45:26
I'm afraid that there's too little information in your inquiry to help you. What is a navigator (if it is Netscape Navigator, I thought is died a couple of years ago and I wasn't aware it did xslt)? What XSLT processor do you use? What running environment do you use? What is a preloader? Please define "processing status".

Anyway, it seems to me that you want information from the processor during processing your file. You can always try to use xsl:message and capture its results, which is easy with Saxon and/or Xalan. But because of the processing model of XSLT it does not guarantee you that the xsl:message is cast when at a certain spot in time the processing of your XML (you can, however, be quite sure of being at a certain spot in processing the nodes). Something like this:

<xsl:if test="position() mod 2000 = 0">
<xsl:message><xsl:value-of select="concat('At position: ', position(), '&#xA;') " /></xsl:message>
</xsl:if>

But depending on the processor, these messages may all be output at the end of the process, during, or any time and, afaik, in (almost) any order (should be document order though, I think, which gives some guarantee).

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma

Youness HAFFANE wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to make a xml-xsl preloader?
I have a huge xml file processed by another xsl file And to get the result I have to refresh my navigator...
So I'm looking for a way to have a processing status.

Thanks Youness

--~--