xsl-list

[xsl] Dynamically setting namespace prefix

2007-06-07 06:05:56
Hi all,

I am trying to generate schemas from some XML source, using XSLT 2.0
(Saxon 8.9 B).

During the generation I have to dynamically add imports of several other
schemas, of which the namespace is composed during processing.

However, I need to add those namespaces to the schema element, in order
to have references to the imported schemas work.

How can I dynamically set the prefix of a namespace, if I do not know
how many there will be. Using a variable in xsl:namespace like
<xsl:namespace name="$some_variable" .../> fails.

Regards,
Peter