xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Dynamically setting namespace prefix

2007-06-07 06:26:39
The name attribute of xsl:namespace (like other similar instructions, e.g.
xsl:element and xsl:attribute) is an AVT, so you can do <xsl:namespace
name="{$var}">...</xsl:namespace>

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Hofman, Peter [mailto:peter(_dot_)hofman(_at_)logicacmg(_dot_)com]
Sent: 07 June 2007 14:05
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Dynamically setting namespace prefix

Hi all,

I am trying to generate schemas from some XML source, using
XSLT 2.0 (Saxon 8.9 B).

During the generation I have to dynamically add imports of
several other schemas, of which the namespace is composed
during processing.

However, I need to add those namespaces to the schema
element, in order to have references to the imported schemas work.

How can I dynamically set the prefix of a namespace, if I do
not know how many there will be. Using a variable in
xsl:namespace like <xsl:namespace name="$some_variable" .../> fails.

Regards,
Peter

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the
intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary
material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal
privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or
used by, any other party. If you are not an intended
recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any

--~--