xsl-list

[xsl] Todays technical challenge

2007-06-13 02:29:29
Must admit I'm enjoying my first XSL project - my report is almost
complete, until a googly is thrown down! (Cricket term!)

In the report I produce there are a variable number of pages,
depending on overflows ie. if there are more than 30 transactions, a
new page is spawned. This page number it turns out is very important
as its used as the starting point for the next time a report is
produced.

So what I need to be able to do is take the final page number from XSL
template ( $pageNo parameter) and update my Oracle database table with
this value.

From experience I'd rather avoid using file system upload/downloads -
is there anyway I can create a function (unix shell, java etc..) which
can do this update.

Thanks in advance,

Matt