xsl-list

RE: [xsl] XSLT 2.0: When to use xsl:sequence, when to use xsl:value-of, and why?

2007-06-16 16:18:17
should produce:

    <sequence>1a1</sequence>
    <value-of>1 a 1</value-of>

  I say "should" because I've really evaluated the example
with Saxon and got instead:

    <sequence>1a1</sequence>
    <value-of>1 a1</value-of>

Yes, there is indeed a bug here: when the sequence used for evaluating a
simple-content node (such as a text node, attribute node, comment etc)
contains a text node, then one or more atomic values, then another text
node, no space is inserted before the second text node. Thanks for reporting
it.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/