xsl-list

RE: [xsl] document() can not used in IE6?

2007-06-30 10:04:17
From: J. S. Rawat [mailto:jrawat(_at_)aptaracorp(_dot_)com]
Sent: 30 June, 2007 04:55
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] document() can not used in IE6?

Try xsl:result-document

This will not work in IE6 or IE7 since the XSL processor is based
version 1.0 and xsl:result-document is a version 2.0 feature.

At 08:48 AM 6/30/2007 +0000, you wrote:
HI, guru
I tried to use document() to process some XMLs with their absolute
path, but it can not work in IE6 that complained it can not find the
file. But FF works fine.

I heard that document() is a function of XSLT2.0, but IE6 is not
supported it? Is so, any solution? thank you.

The document() function may be supported in IE, but only if your security
zone is local and not the Internet.  IE for security reasons may be
disabling the document() function if you are browsing a page on the
Internet and the page tries to do a client side XSL transform.  The
document() function however, is supported in the underlying MSXML DLL.

Not sure whether that helps, but another possible solution might be to
use IE's XML data islands to store the remote XML and XSL script, then
write some javascript to do the transform when the page loads.

Andy.