xsl-list

Re: [xsl] <quote>XSL is NOT easy</quote>

2007-06-30 09:15:09
From: Nic James Ferrier <nferrier(_at_)tapsellferrier(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>

Hey! I'm a self taught amateur too! (Actually, I'm not sure who
isn't).

Well, I for one (I'm a self-taught professional).

I think XSLT is quite good for non-programmers, it's programmers with
some experience of other things that find it really difficult I've
found.

I always find it very surprising that programmers with experience only of imperative languages find taking up a declarative language difficult - after all we were all taught declarative semantics at school - in our mathmatics lessons.

But it is a very common experience - can anyone suggestion why this might be?