xsl-list

Re: [xsl] <quote>XSL is NOT easy</quote>

2007-06-26 02:37:50
Andreas Peter <info(_at_)minimag(_dot_)de> writes:

Quoting Nic James Ferrier <nferrier(_at_)tapsellferrier(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>:

Yes. Not just programming languages but CSS, HTML and Word documents
too.

Unfortunately I am one of those "self-taught amateur programmers". But
the point is that those poeple have to start somewhere, too.
And I agree XSL programming looked very easy at the first sight but if
you want to get deeper into this programming language it is of course
very difficult, particularly if you do not have any programming
experience. But Thank God this list exists :-)

Hey! I'm a self taught amateur too! (Actually, I'm not sure who
isn't).

I think XSLT is quite good for non-programmers, it's programmers with
some experience of other things that find it really difficult I've
found.

If I had 10pence for the number of times I've seen a programmer try to
do something imperative in XSLT and get really, really, cross with it.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk