xsl-list

Re: [xsl] <quote>XSL is NOT easy</quote>

2007-06-26 07:37:32
experience. But Thank God this list exists :-)

Andreas

I 2nd that Andreas!

On 6/26/07, Andreas Peter <info(_at_)minimag(_dot_)de> wrote:
Quoting Nic James Ferrier <nferrier(_at_)tapsellferrier(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>:

> "Michael Kay" <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> writes:
>
>>> XSL is NOT easy if
>>> you want to code professionally in it. It IS easy to use XSL
>>> but not well. ....
>>
>> I would agree with this entirely. But then, I think it's true of every other
>> programming language as well. There is an enormous amount of bad
>> unmaintainable code being written by self-taught amateur programmers, in all
>> sorts of languages, and many of them are attracted to languages like XSLT
>> that look easy at first sight.
>
> Yes. Not just programming languages but CSS, HTML and Word documents
> too.
>

> --
> Nic Ferrier
> http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk

> --~--

Unfortunately I am one of those "self-taught amateur programmers". But
the point is that those poeple have to start somewhere, too.
And I agree XSL programming looked very easy at the first sight but if
you want to get deeper into this programming language it is of course
very difficult, particularly if you do not have any programming