xsl-list

Re: [xsl] <quote>XSL is NOT easy</quote>

2007-06-26 23:00:38
http://personplacething.info/service/json-to-xml/?debug=true&uri=http://api.local.yahoo.com/MapsService/V1/trafficData?appid=EricBlogDemo&amp;city=Seattle&amp;state=wa&amp;output=json

Wow... It's very nice. And efficient, too.

Thank you.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

On 6/26/07, M. David Peterson <m(_dot_)david(_at_)xmlhacker(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:51:14 -0600, Dimitre Novatchev
<dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

> Recently I reported to this list how easy it was to parse and convert
> JSON documents into XML ones using a general LR(1) parsing framework
> written entirely in XSLT 2.0.

And it was even easier to take the FXSL JSON-to-XML conversion/parsing
utility that I was able to turn it into a Saxon on .NET-drive web
service[1,2] in about 5 minutes.

http://personplacething.info/service/json-to-xml/?debug=true&uri=http://api.local.yahoo.com/MapsService/V1/trafficData?appid=EricBlogDemo&amp;city=Seattle&amp;state=wa&amp;output=json

[1]
http://extf.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/WebApp/service/json-to-xml/service.op
[2]
http://extf.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/WebApp/transform/model/json-to-xml.xslt

Such is the power of using well designed languages, language processors,
and associated extension libraries.

NOTE: I still need to write a proper query-string parser to specify
whether a query-string variable belongs to the service end point or a URI
specfied as a query string variable, so at the moment the query string
variables are hard coded into this demo.  But that is a specific issue
associated with using URI's, HTTP GET and query string variables, not with
XSLT 2.0/Saxon on .NET/FXSL.  You could just as easily use an XML payload
via either GET or POST and avoid tbis specific issue all together.

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 |