xsl-list

[xsl] Accessing attribute in a variable with conditional value

2007-08-01 10:41:48
Hi,

I'm setting a value on a variable using conditions. The variable must be a node-set so that I can do some processing with it.

     <xsl:variable name="validAttributeType">
        <xsl:if test="key('allTypes', @type)">
           <xsl:copy-of select="key('allTypes', @type)/xsd:restriction"/>
        </xsl:if>
        <xsl:if test="xsd:simpleType"
           <xsl:copy-of select="xsd:simpleType/xsd:restriction"/>
        </xsl:if>
     </xsl:variable>

The "xsd:restriction" tag has a "base" attribute that I need to access and send to a template as a parameter.

           <xsl:call-template name="trimAttribute">
              <xsl:with-param name="attributeName" select="'base'"/>
<xsl:with-param name="attribute" select="$validAttributeType/@base"/>
           </xsl:call-template>

But it gives me a "XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerException): org.apache.xpath.objects.XRTreeFrag" when I try to do

<xsl:with-param name="attribute" select="$validAttributeType/@base"/>
OR
<xsl:with-param name="attribute"><xsl:copy-of select="$validAttributeType/@base"/></xsl:with-param>

I can print out the variable's contents, which is correct, but I can't seem to access the attribute. By the way, previously I had this

<xsl:variable name="validAttributeType" select="key('allTypes', @type)/xsd:restriction"/>

which works! But adding the conditional messed it up. How can I get the same behaviour as the above line in a conditional variable?

I appreciate any help. Thank you!