xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT and natural semantics

2007-08-08 07:53:28
Hi Justin,

Does anyone know if a definition of the xslt language in natural semantics format exists?

Perhaps you could elaborate on what your problem/goal is here.

What I want to do is to translate XSLT to a prolog implementation called "conditional transformations".

http://www.cs.uni-bonn.de/~gk/papers/IAI-TR-2006-1-kniesel-CTS.pdf

Conditional transformations (CTs) work on a prolog factbase and are used to transform these facts. The transformation is only triggered if the conditions are fulfilled. Usually the composition of serveral CTs is used to get a desired result.

My idea is to translate XSLT to CTs and XML to a prolog factbase. There seem to be some advantages as far as modularity is concerned if CTs are used instead of XSLT to transform XML because if serveral stylesheets are used in a row one can not undo one of these stylsheets without saving the intermediate results explicitly. With CTs that would be possible. So, I need to translate XSLT to CTs which is actually prolog code and therefor I thought it would be a good idea to have XSLT expressed in natural semantis format.

regards,
Garvin