xsl-list

RE: [xsl] XSLT merge documents into variable

2007-08-10 08:53:04
I'm not familiar with the restrictions of 1.0, but could you not simply
do this?

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:variable name="merged-docs">
     <xsl:apply-templates select="files"/>
  </xsl:variable>

 ... Do what ever with $merged-docs from here....
</template>

Thanks!
Angela

-----Original Message-----
From: Lars Kappert [mailto:larskappert(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 7:33 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT merge documents into variable

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Although a little of it doesn't
work here (this line: <xsl:value-of
select="sum(exslt:node-set($sumOfAmounts)/num)" />), this is a solution
that directly accomplishes the desired result in my post. My examples
files are kept simple for easier understanding the issue; so this
solution is not so well extensible I guess. But what I would really
appreciate to see is something more conforming to my question: how do I
really put the contents of the two files in a variable first and then
work with that result in another template?

Correct me if I'm wrong!

--~--